Hearings in the Supreme Court are now shown live on the Court’s website.
On Thursday 18th November, the Supreme Court will hear the combined appeals of PWR (AP) v Director of Public Prosecutions and Akdogan and another (AP) v Director of Public Prosecutions. These will be heard at 10:30 in Courtroom One. The Court will decide whether section 13(1) of the Terrorism Act 2000 creates a strict liability offence, and if so, whether it is compatible with Article 10 of the ECHR. The decision being appealed is  EWHC 798.
A full list of the cases scheduled for the Michaelmas Term can be found here.
The following Supreme Court judgments remain outstanding: (As of 15/11/2021)
- The Law Debenture Trust Corporation plc v Ukraine (Represented by the Minister of Finance of Ukraine acting upon the instructions of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine) Nos. 2 and 3, heard 9-12 December 2019
- BTI 2014 LLC v Sequana SA and Ors, heard 4 May 2021.
- Bott & Co Solicitors v Ryanair DAC, heard 20 May 2021
- In the matter of an application by Margaret McQuillan for Judicial Review (Northern Ireland), In the matter of an application by Mary McKenna for Judicial Review (Northern Ireland), and In the matter of an application by Francis McGuigan for Judicial Review (Northern Ireland), heard 14-16 June 2021
- East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust v Flowers and Ors, heard 22 June 2021
- R (on the application of O (a minor, by her litigation friend AO)) v Secretary of State for the Home Department and R (on the application of The Project for the Registration of Children as British Citizens) v Secretary of State for the Home Department) (Expedited), heard 23 and 24 June 2021
- R (on the application of Elan-Cane) v Secretary of State for the Home Department, heard 12 and 13 July 2021
- A Local Authority v JB (by his Litigation Friend, the Official Solicitor) (AP), heard 15 July 2021
- Maduro Board of the Central Bank of Venezuela v Guaidó Board of the Central Bank of Venezuela, heard 19 to 22 July 2021.
- Basfar v Wong, heard 13th-14th October
- Her Majesty’s Attorney General v Crosland, heard 18th October
- Secretary of State for the Home Department v SC (Jamaica), heard 19th October
- Commissioners for Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs v Coal Staff Superannuation Scheme Trustees Ltd, heard 26th October
- Harpur Trust v Brazel, heard 9th November 2021
- FirstPort Property Services Ltd v Settlers Court RTM Company and others heard 10th November 2021
Click here to view the original post